changing URLs in webpages, python solutions?

Simon Forman sajmikins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 21:07:07 EST 2009

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble finding this through google so I figured I'd ask
here.

I want to take a webpage, find all URLs (links, img src, etc.) and
rewrite them in-place, and I'd like to do it in python (pure python
preferred.)

I know I could probably roll my own halfway decent solution in a day
or so, like with Beautiful Soup or something, but I'd much rather re-
use someone else's work if I can.  I'm pretty sure this falls into the
category of "someone else has had, and solved, this problem before."

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
~Simon