Russ P. Russ.Paielli at
Sun Jan 18 02:17:39 CET 2009

On Jan 17, 11:49 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at> wrote:

> Please educate yourself and learn about why Ariane 5 crashed on it's
> first flight, due to an error in a module written in ADA (which is such
> a psychorigid language that C++ and Java are even looser than Javascript
> in comparison). Perhaps will it light a bulb for you.

The claim here regarding the Ariane 5 failure is one of those urban
myths that refuses to die. It has been refuted over and over
(including on this thread already), but I would just like to add
something in defense of Ada.

Studies have found that Ada reduces both bugs and long-term
development costs by something like a factor of two compared to C. For
example, see

Also, for a good discussion of the success of Ada in the 777, see