*Advanced* Python book?

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Mon Jan 19 13:25:48 EST 2009

On Jan 18, 6:35 pm, Simon Brunning <si... at brunningonline.net> wrote:
> 2009/1/17 Michele Simionato <michele.simion... at gmail.com>:
>
> > "Expert Python Programming" by Tarek Ziadé is quite good and I wrote
> > a review for it:
>
> >http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=240415
>
> +1 for this. I'm 3/4 of the way through it, it's pretty good. Covers
> many on the important areas that the more introductory books rightly
> leave out,
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Simon B.

I keep a copy of "Python In A Nutshell" on my desk at all times.  Most
of my books are in great shape, but this one is ripped all to hell.
The sign of a good book.  It covers just about everything, though not
all in extreme depth.  It's a great book!

I've been writing Python for about 4 years now and over the week or so
I've caught the "I should know more about the internals" bug.   As a
result, I've been trying to trace the interpreter from the start of
the main function through user code execution.  Getting to fully
understand the C API and the actual CPython implementation is
something I wish I would have done years ago.  I'd suggest you do that
if you get the chance.