Problem with IDLE on windows XP

Grimes, George georgegrimes at ti.com
Mon Jan 19 17:50:43 EST 2009

I am trying to learn Python and I installed version 2.6 both at home and at work.  At home, on
Vista, everything works fine.  At work, on XP, IDLE would not run.  I uninstalled/reinstalled
and got the same thing.  My cursor changes to the wait symbol for a few seconds, then goes
back to normal and ….nothing.  The Task Manager shows nothing.  I uninstalled again,
made sure all the files were deleted from the disk, used regedit to delte every registry entry
that had python in it and tried version 3.0.

Geuss, what?  I still can’t run IDLE on XP?  Is this a common problem?  Or am I unique?

Thanks,
George

George A. Grimes
972-995-0190 - Desk
214-205-0244 - Cell

Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Henry Ford<http://www.woopidoo.com/business_quotes/authors/henry-ford-quotes.htm>