Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:16:07 EST 2009

On Jan 19, 7:09 pm, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:

> The benefit of automatically converting public data into properties, I
> assume, is to relieve the programmer of doing it manually. The
> programmer will obviously need to add any functionality when needed,
> but he does not need to create the function header.

Let me just correct this. As I said before, I haven't yet even used
Scala. The automatic generation of properties for public data members
is done automatically by the compiler and is apparently transparent to
the programmer. The programmer can then override the default
properties if he needs to add functionality. As far as the programmer
is concerned, this is really no different than Python properties. The
only difference is the way the two languages implement properties, not
the way they are used.