Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Wed Jan 21 07:01:34 EST 2009

Russ P. a écrit :
(snip)
> Since when is no one is allowed to suggest a potential improvement to
> a product unless they are willing to implement it themselves? Imagine
> what the world would be like if such a rule applied to all products.

There are two points here. The first one is whether what you suggest is
seen as "a potential improvement", by the language's designers and by
the majority of the language's users. The answer here is obviously "no".
The second point is about your vision of Python as "a product". It is
not - at least, not in the sense of a "commercial product". It's a FOSS
project, and this effectively means that if you really want to get
something done, specially when almost no one seems interested, you *do*
have to DoItYourself(tm). But I *really* doubt it'll make it Python anyway.

IOW : if you want access restrictions in Python, fork the project and do
what you want with your fork (as long as you respect the Python licence
of course).