Mark Wooding mdw at distorted.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 07:55:32 EST 2009

"Russ P." <Russ.Paielli at gmail.com> writes:

> Which is why I was hoping that Python might get enforced data hiding
> as well as optional static type declarations that can actually be used
> for static verification. But maybe that's all just a pipe dream on my
> part -- or "onanism."

I think that, if you want static assurances, Python -- or any dynamic
language, for that matter -- just isn't for you.  Please feel free to
use Java, C#, C++, or more interesting languages like ML variants or
Haskell -- or even Ada dialects, which (I should have mentioned) do seem
to have some very impressive proof-maintenance tools available for them.

-- [mdw]