reading file to list

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 21:06:04 EST 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:13:03 -0000, Xah Lee <xahlee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>> I recommend spending less time being certain that you are correct
>> without seeking evidence
>
> I don't concur.
>
> For instance, when you are talking to a bunch of kids, you have to be
> sure of yourself, else they run all over you, even if they didn't mean
> to be rude.

So you would rather give the appearance of authority than do the work
to actually have authority?  This is very poor teaching practice.

> Also, one's demeanor must commensurate one's knowledge. If i pamper
> you, you might think i'm a whimp, and run on with your opinions and
> thoughts unbridled, which, can be considered as a miscommunication on
> my part.

As it is, I think your demeanor wildly outstrips your knowledge,
something you have just confirmed.  This attitude makes you a highly
unreliable source of information.

*plonk*