English-like Python

Thu Jan 22 08:46:18 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:57:49 -0800, Aaron Brady wrote:

> Natural language doesn't have the equivalent of parentheses,

I take it you mean natural language doesn't have the equivalent of
parentheses for *calling*, since NLs can (and do) use parentheses for
grouping -- as well as various conventions regarding dashes -- terms

I'm not aware of any NL that uses some sort of calling convention, but it
isn't impossible. Most sentences have an object, a subject and a verb,
just like OO method calls. So logically:

"Peter ate the sandwich"

is equivalent to:

modulo complications due to tenses and similar.