Start Python at client side from web app

Paul Rubin http
Thu Jan 22 17:48:19 EST 2009

"Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> writes:
> Before posting, I tried a jQuery-ajax-call inside Firebug from some
> random site to google. It bailed out with a security execption.

You should be able to get around the security policy with XUL in
Firefox, or with an ActiveX control in MSIE.  In the Netscape
Navigator era there was a security policy Java object so you could
turn the security stuff on and off if the user gave permission from a
pop-up dialog.  I've been away from that scene for a while so I don't
know if Firefox has anything like it.