What is intvar?

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 21:38:32 EST 2009

I'm looking at someone's code in which invar() is used fairly often.
Apparently, it's a Tkinter method. Here's a use:
     def body(self,master):
         self.title("Display Settings")

         self.colorVar = IntVar()
         Radiobutton( master, text="Gray Scale",
                      value=1, variable=self.colorVar).grid(row=0, sticky=W)
         Radiobutton( master, text="Pseudo Color",
                      value=2, variable=self.colorVar).grid(row=1, sticky=W)

What is the need for this use? It looks like some sort of initialization for
a widget.

I've scoured the internet with Google, and have yet to find a simple
explanation of what it's used for.
--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>