I'm a python addict !

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:58:09 EST 2009

I just started using python last week and I'm addicted.

I hate Perl.  I never did learn to use it with any competence.  I has to
be the most obfuscated, cryptic language I've ever seen.  Making it
"object oriented" only makes it worse !

While I am at it, I dislike bash shell programming too.

Man, I love Python !  Its so clean and easy to use.  Its so complete.
It links into everything one way or another... Java, C, C++, Qt, KDE,
SWT, Swing and probably more things that I don't know about.  Python
makes sense.  Python is readable.

I will never write another Perl or Bash script again.  I will never use
another low level language to do simple things again.

I love how Python has object member lists in PyDev in Eclipe.  It makes
it easy to use and explore the language and objects.

I wrote a simple command line serial emulator in about 10 minutes using
the PySerial library.  Unbelievable.

I see a lot of Python in my future.