v = json.loads("{'test':'test'}")

Andreas Waldenburger geekmail at usenot.de
Sun Jan 25 19:57:44 EST 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:04:44 -0500 Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com>
wrote:

> Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:51:41 +0100 "Diez B. Roggisch"
> > <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> >> It's not hard, but it's not standard-conform.
> >>
> > OK, playing the devil's advocate here: Doesn't practicality beat
> > purity?
> >
> It's not practical to expect a standard to be rewritten to conform
> with the ideas of one individual, as well as all the implementations
> of that standard.

But as gert says, the standard is "broken" by many many browsers
already (I don't know if that's true, though; I just assume it is). Why
not make it compatible with, and as forgiving as, those?

(I feel a bit stupid here, because I'm basically on the "adhere to the
standard" side. I just noticed that the Zen (or what I make of it)
seems to suggest otherwise.)

regards,
/W

--
My real email address is constructed by swapping the domain with the
recipient (local part).