Why this code is working?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 20:48:36 EST 2009

Actually Alex, i have not stopped working on getting Python into SU in
one form or another since that crazy post of mine almost 3 moths ago.
I have many people in the SU community asking me almost daily when i
will get finished. I have a lot of work to do at this point but i will
keep fighting because i believe Python will greatly benefit all SU
users.

1.) Python has tons and tons of well written tutorials aimed at Non-
programmers.
2.) Python is easy to learn making it the perfect choice for any API
3.) Python has an easy to use built-in GUI (Tkinter)
4.) Python allows for true procedural and true OOP programming. OOP
can sometimes trip up a new programming student.

I feel it is much easier to learn procedural coding and then move into
OOP. OOP is not really hard to comprehend, but learning to program and
at the same time dealing with the abstraction of OOP is a little much
to take on. And since an API will be utilized mostly by non-
programmers/intermediant as well as pros, Python lends itself as the
best option available today for all skill levels!

Once i finally get Python interpretor into SU, i plan to write a
tutorial (free of course) specific aimed at SU users who want to
script. Not only will this cover Python Programming but will
completely cover the Python SU-API.

SU is exploding daily, group membership is @ 14000+ and spam is almost
nonexistent. This application is truly revolutionary and we must get
Python in before it is too late. I have talked with a members of the
SU DEV team and he would love to see Python scripting in SU. He also
told me they have kicked around the idea of other languages in the
past, so Python would be a prime choice.

SU is changing the world of modeling the way Python changed the world
of programming.I hang out quite a bit in the Google SketchUp Help
Groups guiding new users. During this time i have seen many people
stuggle with scripting the application. This is where i truly believe
Python can fill a void and shine.

The combination of Sketchup's intuitive and ground-breaking UI,
coupled with the common sense approach and simplistic elegance of
Python will be an unstoppable force. Not only will this expand Python
and Sketchup's influence, but will give a SketchUp user the complete
power they need over the application -- in the quickest, and most
painless way.