Mark Wooding mdw at distorted.org.uk
Sun Jan 25 22:56:47 EST 2009

"Russ P." <Russ.Paielli at gmail.com> writes:

[snip stuff I don't disagree with]

> That makes renaming and refactoring riskier in general in Python than
> in statically typed languages with enforced access restrictions. More
> care and attention to detail is needed to do it right in Python.

In fact, I don't disagree with this statement either.  It's just that I
think there's a legitimate tradeoff between the assurances you can get
from a language designed for static analysis and strictness, and the
freedom and dynamicness of languages like Python.  It's just that I
rather like where Python is now on this continuum, and disagree that
shifting it is necessarily a good idea.

-- [mdw]