USB in python

Astan Chee astan.chee at al.com.au
Mon Jan 26 00:12:16 EST 2009

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Sorry, but you have NOT created a USB device, and I sincerely hope you do
> not try to plug it in to a real USB port.

Sorry, by USB device, I meant a device that is powered/activated by a
bunch of wires that I want to control using a computer and since I had a
spare USB jack lying around, I used that instead. But so far I haven't
tried it, nor will try it if it wont work properly. Yes, it is not a
proper USB device, because I didnt build it to specifically interface
with the USB port; but I had to start somewhere. Also, the device
requires more power than the standard parallel port can give.
Anyway, it looks like the easiest solution for my case is a microcontroller