USB in python

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:21:26 EST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:56:38 +1100, Astan Chee wrote:

> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>>

>> If all you need is on-off - why can't you just use a switch?
>>

> Because I want to control the on-off the device using a computer and
> write software for it (which I am confident I can do if I had references
> to how the wrappers to said interface). Cheers
> Astan.

How about (a crazy idea) using the audio jack out? (DISCLAIMER: Little
Hardware Experience). High pitched sound (or anything in sound-ology that
means high voltage) means the device is on and low pitched sound off. The
device will need an additional transistor to separate low voltage from
the high voltage. I don't know how much power can be pulled from jack
out, but for a home brewn device it is still feasible to draw power from
USB and signal from jack out.