AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_workbook'

Jay Jesus Amorin jay.amorin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:51:02 EST 2009

Hi,

Kindly help, I've got this error when running my script:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_workbook'

Here's my code:

#!/usr/bin/python

import xlrd
import sys

mySpreadsheet = xlrd.open_workbook(open(sys.argv[1]))
firstSheet = wb.sheet_by_index(0)

for myRows in range(sh.nrows):
    print firstSheet.row_values(myRows)

Here's the error message:

root at nebuchadnezzar:/home/test/project# ./xlrd.py test.xls
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./xlrd.py", line 3, in <module>
    import xlrd
  File "/home/jayam/project/xlrd.py", line 6, in <module>
    mySpreadsheet = xlrd.open_workbook(open(sys.argv[1]))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_workbook'

Thanks,

Jay