Plugin system, RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'ext_abc' not found while handling absolute import

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jan 27 05:31:02 EST 2009

En Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:06:20 -0200, Torsten Mohr <tmohr at s.netic.de>
escribió:

>> So mymodule is actually a package. Packages should *not* appear in
>> sys.path.
>
> Oh, how does it find modules then?  I thought that would be PYTHONPATH or
> sys.path ?

The directory CONTAINING file "foo.py" must be in sys.path if you want to
import foo.

The directory CONTAINING package "bar" must be in sys.path if you want to
import bar.

There were some threds on this topic last month, see this by example:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/t/ed47d8e31ca3d411/

--
Gabriel Genellina