Process crash with no reason

gil.shinar at gmail.com gil.shinar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:39:50 EST 2009

On Jan 27, 5:00 pm, Philip Semanchuk <phi... at semanchuk.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 7:00 AM, gil.shi... at gmail.com wrote:

> >> Although Python isn't immune to fatal errors like you describe, I'd
> >> immediately suspect a 3rd-party module instead, esp. one written in C
> >> or C++. Are you using anything like that?
>
> > No I do not.
>
> But you're using CherryPy, aren't you? And as Tim Golden pointed out,
> you're probably using another 3rd party lib to talk to Sybase. ISTR
> that CherryPy is written in pure Python but if you have a database
> adapter lib it probably isn't.
>
> > Is there a way to monitor who had "killed" my process?
>
> That's more of a Solaris question than a Python one, and I don't know
> much about Solaris. Is there a system log where Solaris records when &
> why it has killed errant processes?

Yes I am using CherryPy. One of the developers I'm working with thinks
it is a cherrypy issue. Our python process has nothing to do if
cherrypy is stuck or down. But still, it is strange that there are no
leftovers from the crashed process.
Solaris has system logs that has nothing in them about this process.

Any other suggestion will be great.

Thanks