How many followers of comp.lang.python

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:43:55 EST 2009

On Jan 27, 9:17 am, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also looked at Guido's profile and he has not posted a message here
> since 2000. WOW! I know he way ahead of "us" here but why has he not
> drooped in for a chat with the python community? Matz(the creator of
> Ruby), is a regular at comp.lang.ruby.
>
> This makes me wonder if Guido thinks comp.lang.python is a dead Parrot
> (but there could be other reasons?)

I've seen him on the distutils list, but I think he generally keeps to
the dev lists mostly. This list is for general users (i.e. mostly
newbs). We do get some good discussions going on more esoteric
subjects like memoization, but for the most part, it's posts like how
do I do x if y is z, what's the best Python IDE, which is the best
Python GUI toolkit, I hate the GIL, what's a web framework, etc.

I think Guido has better things to do...and his employer probably
doesn't want him spending all day answering stuff like that.

Mike