New to python, open source Mac OS X IDE?

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Tue Jan 27 18:41:55 EST 2009

joseph.a.marlin at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings! I've heard enough raving about Python, I'm going to see for
> myself what all the praise is for!
>
> I'm on a Mac. I use Netbeans for Java, PHP, and C if needed. Do you
> even use an IDE for Python?

I don't -- I just use TextWrangler and a Terminal window.  I tried
several IDEs and didn't really find any of them stable and feature-rich
enough to be worth the bother (though Editra came close).

Lack of a really top-notch IDE is one of the primary drags harshing on
my Python buzz (as the young people say).

Best,
- Joe