pyAA for Python2.5

Kottiyath n.kottiyath at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 21:57:25 EST 2009

On Jan 27, 11:56 pm, Mike Driscoll <kyoso... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:12 pm, Kottiyath <n.kottiy... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >    I would like to obtain pyAA for Python 2.5. I went through their
> > web site, but they provide the windows exe only for Python2.4. I tried
> > compiling from source, but that also was to no avail - it errs out as
> > follows:
>
> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install
> > running install
> > running build
> > running build_py
> > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> > file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> > running build_ext
> > error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
> > extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
> > binaries.
> > Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
> > installed,
> > you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
> > setup.py.
>
> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
> > mingw32
> > usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
> >    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
> >    or: setup.py --help-commands
> >    or: setup.py cmd --help
>
> > error: invalid command 'mingw32'
>
> > Has anyone tried the same? Can anyone give any suggestions?
>
> You probably have to put mingw32 on your path or provide an absolute
> path to it. By the way, where did you get the source? I couldn't find
> it...
>
> Mike

I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
"mingw32-gcc"
invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'

I got the source from
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=65529

Can somebody help me out? Our project needs pyAA, but I am unable to
build on Python2.5.