Python Application Server

Adi Eyal adi at digitaltrowel.com
Tue Jan 27 23:23:19 EST 2009

Hi All

Could anyone recommend a python application server? My application
consists mainly of long running background processes that need to
communicate with each other. Features on my wishlist include, process
pooling (each process will in general be stateless), monitoring,
scheduling and a framework for inter-process communication. Ideally, I
would also like to be able to cluster the app server if the need
arises. I have never used Zope or Webware, but my impression is that
these servers are focused on web applications with a short
request-response cycle. My usage will be different since my processes
will be triggered by certain events and then continue running until
they complete, without sending any response at all but possibly
spawning off additional processes in a workflow.

I hope my description has been clear. Does such an application server
exist for python?

Thanks in advance
Adi