errno 22 instead of errno 2

Glenn Linderman v+python at
Wed Jan 28 08:52:59 CET 2009

This simple one-line script, produces errno 22 on Python 2.6, but errno
2 on Python 2.5.2

Is this an unintentional regression?  Or is this an intentional bug fix?

The file doesn't exist (errno 2) but I guess on Windows it is also
somewhat an invalid file name (errno 22).

Yes, I'm aware that \a is ASCII 007.  Using a valid, non-existent file
name produces errno 2 on both versions.

Glenn --