New to python, open source Mac OS X IDE?

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at
Wed Jan 28 18:43:04 CET 2009

joseph.a.marlin at <joseph.a.marlin at> wrote:

> Greetings! I've heard enough raving about Python, I'm going to see for
> myself what all the praise is for!
> I'm on a Mac. I use Netbeans for Java, PHP, and C if needed. Do you
> even use an IDE for Python?
> Any recommendations on open source Python environments?

I'm new to python, i began with IDLE, but then switch to
TextWrangler+Terminal i prefer.

Now i also try XCode (not opensource, but free from Apple) just as a
text editor and still terminal, fine. Xcode editor is good for me.

I try to use Python directly from Xcode but i do not understand the
right way to do this. There is project for PyObjC but a can't make
working directly simple script project, so i continue to use terminal...

Pierre-Alain Dorange        <>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"