Weird invisible arguments issues with Windows

Uberman bhood37 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:31:08 EST 2009

Then, Chris Hulan wrote:
> on my XP system, in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications
> \python.exe\shell\open\command
> has:
> Name (Default)
> Type REG_SZ
> Data C:\Python23\python.exe "%1" %*
>
> If that '%*' is missing, thats the problem

Finally, MRAB scribed:
> You might want to check that:
>
>     assoc .py
>
> displays:
>
>     .py=Python.File
>
> and:
>
>     ftype Python.File
>
> displays:
>
>     Python.File="C:\Python26\python.exe" "%1" %*

Thank you for all the replies, guys. :)

You all seem to be pointing at the same thing, and on my system, I show:

    C:\Users\Administrator>ftype python.file
    python.file="D:\Python26\python.exe" "%1" %*

and

    C:\Users\Administrator>assoc .py
    .py=Python.File

Which all seems to be correct.  I'm guessing this doesn't bode well...