Does the Python community really follow the philospy of "Community Matters?"

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Fri Jan 30 00:53:12 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM, r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This observation leads me to two scientific and common sense synopsis.
> Either nobody here gives a rats pa'toote about Python, and/or they are
> all just a bunch of gutless worms too afraid to stand up to the 10 or
> so Perl/Ruby leeches who's infestation slowly drains the life-blood
> out of the Python Community, keeping it too weak to fight back.
> <dospesos>

I for one am not e member of either the Perl or Ruby
fan club - and I don't think I will ever be :) However I"m not
going to go and start bagging those languages :) I prefer Python!

I think you'll find a 3rd scenario:

Python developers (those that develop Python)
and Python programmers (those that use Python)
just don't really care about politics, protest and
all the rubbish that goes on in this list :)

cheers
James