Does the Python community really follow the philospy of "Community Matters?"

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Fri Jan 30 03:26:20 EST 2009

On Jan 30, 5:24 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> This blows me away in the context of this group. check out this
> thread:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> Here a happy python user shared his thoughts on the Python language.
> He compared Python as "more readable" than Perl and by god he is right
> about that, no sane person can honestly deny this fact. But like
> always some angry responses and warnings followed that this person
> should not criticize Perl, and veil threats were cast.
>
> This is the madness i refer too.

Clicking on that link leads me to a 14-message thread in which the
meat relates to Joe Stroud's problems with py2app, and there is only
one reference to perl:

Joe says: """No, I'm *using* py2app.  I've been trying to use it for a
couple of weeks now, with the generous help of such people as Robin
Dunn, and I still don't have it quite working pro*perl*y.
"""

This doesn't appear to match the description. Perhaps the PSU has
subverted my comp)(*&^%$#@!
NO CARRIER