Get thread pid

Alejandro alejandro.weinstein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:56:10 EST 2009

On Jan 30, 4:00 am, Ove Svensson <ove.svens... at jeppesen.com> wrote:
> Pidis a process identifier. Threads are not processes. All your threads
> execute within the context if a single process, hence they should have
> the samepid. Threads may have athreadid but it is not the same as thepid.

According to this document (http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/
Python/PyThreads.pdf), at least in Linux, threads are process:

"Here each thread really is a process, and for example will show up on
Unix systems when one runs the appropriate ps process-list command,
say ps axH. The threads manager is then the OS."

If you look at my original post, pstree does show different PIDs for
the threads.

Regards,
Alejandro.