Get thread pid

ma mabdelkader at
Fri Jan 30 17:53:46 CET 2009

I think issue here is that you're invoking a system call (using either the
subprocess module or os.popen*) from your threads. Those *are* external
processes and will show up under pstree since they have a parent process. If
you're using subprocess.Popen() the object that is returned has an attribute
'pid' that can be accessed (which would serve your purpose).

Please note that *this is NOT a thread id*