Where to host a (Python) project?

Martin martin at marcher.name
Sat Jan 31 07:59:50 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/1/31 andrew cooke <andrew at acooke.org>:
> However, i am thinking I could really do with:
> - a mailing list
> - simple bug tracking
> - subversion
> and am wondering which is the best (free) provider for these (the code
> is LGPL open source).  I'd prefer a mailing list to something like
> google groups (although I guess it may be possible to configure a
> gateway) and I could open up my personal subversion server, but that
> seems like a lot of work (not really that interested in moving to
> something other than svn).

Google Groups can be perfectly used as Mailings Lists - while I'm not
a huge fan of them that isn't an argument from your feature list :)

There's tigris.org, savannah (savannah.gnu.org, nongnu.org),
launchpad. All of them are fine to some extent, you might want to read
up on PyMotW about how Doug Hellmann decided where to host his stuff.

hth
Martin
--
http://soup.alt.delete.co.at
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.