Where to host a (Python) project?

Martin martin at marcher.name
Sat Jan 31 08:51:13 EST 2009

2009/1/31 andrew cooke <andrew at acooke.org>:
> On Jan 31, 9:59 am, Martin <mar... at marcher.name> wrote:
>> There's tigris.org, savannah (savannah.gnu.org, nongnu.org),
>> launchpad. All of them are fine to some extent, you might want to read
>> up on PyMotW about how Doug Hellmann decided where to host his stuff.
>
> all i can find is that he is writing his own!
> http://blog.doughellmann.com/search/label/codehosting
> (his reqs are quite different to mine - I am looking for an external
> provider because I do not want to host dynamic pages myself).

Darn, my bad. I just remembered that something happened in terms of
hosting on his site, I thought he had decided on this:

http://blog.doughellmann.com/2008/12/moving-pymotw-to-public-repository.html
(seems he didn't have any time...)

anyway, tigris, nongnu and savannah are hopefully at least useable
information :)

/Martin

--
http://soup.alt.delete.co.at
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.