Newby Windows User

Xavier Ho contact at xavierho.com
Wed Jul 1 23:18:42 EDT 2009

Double click should work.

If it flashes up and goes away really quickly, then you need to run it under
IDLE or some kind of python shell.

Once you have Python installed, go to Start -> Run, and type in cmd to bring
up the windows command line or whatever you wanna call it.

Go to the folder where your python script is. Command is the same like macs
or linux, with cd being change directory, and such. Type e: to switch to the
e drive and so on. Note that dir lists the directory and its contents, not
ls like in mac terminals.

When you're in the same folder as your script, type the command like this:

python <file name>.py

That should do the trick. Alternatively, you can type in python and start
the python shell in the same folder.

Then you can just do import and whatever you like. :]

Best regards,

Ching-Yun "Xavier" Ho, Technical Artist

Contact Information
Mobile: (+61) 04 3335 4748