deleting certain entries in numpy array

Sebastian Schabe sebastian.schabe at gmx.de
Thu Jul 2 05:40:12 EDT 2009

Robert Kern schrieb:
> First, convert the pos array to integers, and just the columns with
> indices in them:
>
>   ipos = pos[:,:2].astype(int)
>
> Now check the values in the mask corresponding to these positions:
>
>   mask_values = mask[ipos[:,0], ipos[:,1]]
>
> Now extract the rows from the original pos array where mask_values is
> nonzero:
>
>   result = pos[mask_values != 0]

Great!!! That's the way I wanted.

After reading the numpy reference guide I supposed the delete function
was not the right way, but that it's all about cerrect indexing. But I
didn't really know how.

So thanks a lot, also to Ben.

 > You will want to ask numpy questions on the numpy mailing list.
 >
 >   http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

I ever thought news-groups are the right way for questions like this.
And the mailing list page just confuses me, but I'm trying to get used
to it.

Sebastian