Where does setuptools live?

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Sat Jul 4 11:50:56 EDT 2009

I'm trying to create a patch for a diabolical issue I keep running
into, but I can't seem to find the setuptools repository. Is it this
one?

    http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/setuptools/

It's seen no changes in 9 months.

The issue in question is its (ab)use of .svn to directly read working
copy information rather than going via the well designed 'svn info --
xml' route, which if done, wouldn't result in setuptools busting every
few years, nor require me to downgrade my Subversion installation (OS
X packages don't support multiple versions installed at a time),
checkout a source tree, use setuptools, then re-upgrade so I can go
back to using my other trees.

David