Ctypes to wrap libusb-1.0

Scott Sibley sisibley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:43:40 EDT 2009

I have been having issues trying to wrap libusb-1.0 with ctypes. Actually,
there's not much of an issue if I keep everything synchronous, but I need
this to be asynchronous and that is where my problem arises.

Please refer to the following link on Stackoverflow for a full overview of
the issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1060305/usb-sync-vs-async-vs-semi-async-partially-answered-now

As mentioned in the question on Stackoverflow, synchronous transfers work
great. I wrote an asynchronous C version that works fine. usbmon's output
suggests the transfers are making it through. libusb's debug output shows
nothing out of the ordinary.

I've also asked about this on the libusb mailing list. I've hesitated asking
on the Python mailing list up till now.