Creating alot of class instances?

Mon Jul 6 21:04:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 05:47:18 -0700, Scott David Daniels wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> ... That's the Wrong Way to do it --
>> you're using a screwdriver to hammer a nail....
>
> Don't knock tool abuse (though I agree with you here). Sometimes tool
> abuse can produce good results.  For example, using hammers to drive
> screws for temporary strong holds led to making better nails.

Historically, nails were invented a long time before screws. Screws as
fasteners weren't invented until the 1400s, nails were used thousands of
years ago.

And hammering screws makes temporary *weak* holds, not strong, because
the screw only touches the sides of the hole lightly. Unless the screw
has been specifically designed to be hammered, hammering screws is pretty
much the definition of incompetence and/or laziness!

--
Steven