Python/pyobjC Apps on iPhone now a possibility?

Dr Mephesto dnhkng at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:23:25 EDT 2009

Sure, I am learning Objective C already, but the syntax is really
unfriendly after python.

I think it really depends on the type of app you want to write.
Anything held back by network delays or that sits around waiting for
user input are perfectly acceptable target apps. If you need speed for
something really intensive, falling back to C is still much nicer than
coding in Objective C. I agree that having a certain basic
understanding of objective C is a must, but having the option to use a
coder-friendly language like Ruby or Python can cut development time
dramatically.

If Ruby can do it (and it generally slower than python), why can
Python also get a legal iPhone interpreter?