Emacs Python-mode. Newbie problem.

Lacrima Lacrima.Maxim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:50:37 EDT 2009

On Jul 8, 10:54 pm, Piet van Oostrum <p... at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> >L> Hello!
> >L> I have just started using Emacs to write python scripts.
> >L> I installed python-mode.el
> >L> Then I just tried this code:
> >L> print 'hello world'
> >L> When I press C-c RET, new blank window is opened and emacs says:
> >L> (Shell command succeeded with no output)
> >L> So where is my 'hello world'?
> >L> When I do C-c C-c, it prints 'hello world' successfully.
> >L> Why in the first case I get no output?
>
> Can you check in the buffer where you have the python code what command
> C-c RET is bound to?
> With C-h k C-c RET
>
> Shell command succeeded with no output suggests that is has a different
> binding than the standard one in python-mode.
>
> Did you happen to name your file 'test' or 'test.py?
>
> C-c RET does an import and 'import test' imports a standard module test.
> --
> Piet van Oostrum <p... at cs.uu.nl>
> URL:http://pietvanoostrum.com[PGP 8DAE142BE17999C4]
> Private email: p... at vanoostrum.org

Hi, Piet!

Thanks for your reply!
My file name is 'trains.py'.
When I do C-h k C-c RET, it shows me help from manual: "C-c RET runs
the command py-execute-import-or-reload
   which is an interactive Lisp function in `python-mode'..." and so
on.

And still when I do C-c RET, I receive "(Shell command succeeded with
no output)"

Any more help would be really appreciated, because I am newbie with
Emacs.

With regards, Max