gett error message: "TypeError: 'int' object is not callable"

Friðrik Már Jónsson fridrik at pyth.net
Thu Jul 9 11:30:35 EDT 2009

Nick wrote:
> thanks for spotting the obvious errors, its my 2nd day programming
> python in about 3 years.

I'm sorry, my saying it was obvious may have come off a little
arrogant. My clumsily delivered point was that because it was a small
snippet of code it didn't take much time to run through for someone
who codes daily with Python. What you did there was a perfectly
ordinary thing to do until experience teaches you how Python does
things. :)

> fridrick, code should be workable with the exception of the
> errors...thats the whole program

You're right, I failed to say it explicitely but I was referring to
the input file.  In some cases, albeit not this one, problems can
exist in parsing gotchas.

Regards,
Friðrik Már