PyQt GUI

Helvin helvinlui at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:19:23 EDT 2009

On Jul 10, 3:54 am, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-07-09 01:27, Helvin wrote:

> >> Wrapping/Python/vtk/qt4/ in the VTK sources.

> >> Then you have not installed VTK's Python bindings correctly. Note that pyVTK is
> >> just a library for manipulating VTK files. The VTK Python bindings are part of
> >> VTK's distribution itself. Exactly how did you install VTK? Did you compile it
> >> yourself?
>
> > You mean, when I download VTK, the VTK Python bindings come with it?
> > I downloaded VTK from:http://vtk.org/files/release/5.4/
>
> Exactly which file did you download? I don't think the vtk-5.4.x-win32.exe
> installers have the Python bindings. You will need to build VTK from sources.
>
> --
> Robert Kern

>   that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had
>   an underlying truth."
>    -- Umberto Eco

Yes, I think you are right. I did initially use the windows installer.
I didn't know that it did't have python bindings. I thought that if I
had pyVTK, then it would work. But it didn't. I am now building VTK
with sources according to this EXCELLENT tutorial that I have somehow
come across, at:
http://www-viz.tamu.edu/courses/viza658/08spring/tutorials/WinVTKInstall.html

It's for Windows XP, and I am on Vista, but I hope it will work. I
have worked my way through most of it now.

Thanks Robert!
Helvin