can i write a assemly language programs in python

Pablo Torres N. tn.pablo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:49:48 EDT 2009

Or maybe he meant if you can have both Python and assembler code in
the same source file, but I haven't heard of it.  If what you are
trying to do is write a faster version of some part of your code, try
SWIG: http://www.swig.org/

Playing the guessing game is a time sink, and since nobody has done it
so far, I will: OP, please read
http://www.mikeash.com/getting_answers.html and
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:40, Terry Reedy<tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Dave Angel wrote:
>>
>> m.reddy prasad reddy wrote:
>>>
>>> can any one tell me how to write assembly language programs in
>>> python...if
>>> no is there any other way to write the programs in python
>>>
>>> Reddi prasad reddy
>>> ph.no:09958083797
>>>

>> Assembly language is a different programming language than Python.  You
>> can use both in the same process, much in the same way you can use C or C++
>> with Python.  In fact, some of the system DLL's are written (partly) in
>> assembler, though mostly in C or C++.
>
> It is possible that he meant how to write assembly *with* python.
> Or how to translate python to assembly.
>
> As it turns out, CPython translates Python to byte code and has a dis
> (assembly) module that produces very nice assembly code ;-)
> So that is one answer to his question.
>
>> You'll need to tell us what your real goal is.
>
> Definitely.
>
> tjr
>
> --

Pablo Torres N.