Threading.Condition problem

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Fri Jul 10 05:57:23 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I wrote a small example that listens for xmpp msgs in a thread. The main
program calls a function that blocks (using Condition.wait) until a msg
has been received and then returns the msg. When a msg arrives, it is
put in a variable in the thread's object, it then calls the notify()
attr on the Condition object. For some reason, this doesn't work, the
thread gets the msg, tries to notify the Condition object, fails because
the lock has not been acquired yet and blocks. I tried ignoring the
failure, thinking that since it has not been acquired yet then when it
is, it will get the msg right away and never call Condition.wait, thus
not causing any problems, but this does not work either. Does someone
know what I am doing wrong? I attached the code to this msg.

Thank you,
Gabriel