Package for fast plotting of many data points in Python?

Daniel Platz mail.to.daniel.platz at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:33:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

thanks for your repleys. I have tried matplotlib but it is extremely
slow. I think it is more optimized for good looking plots instead of
speed. I do not know the Python bindings of gnuplot and Veusz. To
clarify the issue again, by 25000 data points I mean 25000 pixels,
i.e. corresponding (x,y) pairs. Thus the mapping to one pixel on the
screen is not unique.

Now, that I have to implement this problem on my own I am very
impressed by the plotting capabilities of LabView which brings thounds
of data points on screen in an extremely short time.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Daniel