question of style

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 13 22:28:06 EDT 2009

In article <7x8wj4uxnb.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>,
Paul Rubin  <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

>Anyway, Python's overloading of bool(...) is yet another misfeature
>and although it's convenient, the "explicit is better than implicit"
>principle indicates to avoid that sort of trick.

Well, trading "tricks" (I would call it idiom) for explicitness,
made some people (you know ..) hate Pascal.
Einstein introduced the summation convention for indices that
are used twice. Leaving out summation signs is absolutely hideous,
but it has saved generations of physicists of loosing track (and
their minds.)

Also ...

For me there is nothing more clear than a regular expression
search that returns None if nothing matches.

Groetjes Albert

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst