python _binary_ code

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Jul 14 02:50:16 EDT 2009

sanju ps schrieb:
> Hi
>
>  Can anyone give me solution to create a python binary file (bytecode) other
> than pyc file .So my source code be secure.. I am working on ubuntu 9.04
> with python2.6.. I

It's impossible to secure your code if it runs on an untrusted computer.
This is true for all programming languages but it's even easier to
decompile code of byte interpreted languages like Python, Java or .NET.

Microsoft has tried to protect its programs, the film industry has tried
it with the movies and RIAA, too. All have failed. You won't have more
luck, though. :)

Christian