one-time factory in python for an experienced java guy

Mahmoud Abdelkader mabdelkader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:07:59 EDT 2009

What Paul was trying to elaborate on is that have your customers or whomever
will use this implement their own generator protocol to generate whatever
number format they need. Paul just gave you an example with
itertools.count(), where it is an infinite generator that yields count+1
every time.

Read up on the iterator protocol, have your customers pass in a generator to
establish their own formats.
http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#iterator-types

This is much more elegant than AbstractCustomerRandomFormatGenerator..etc
which is what the reference to "erase everything from Java" is attempting to
relate.

--
mahmoud mack abdelkader
python powered