why did you choose the programming language(s)you currently use?

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 02:35:15 EDT 2009

On Jul 14, 4:58�pm, Nobody <nob... at nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:47:08 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:
> >> - unlimited precision integers
> >> - easy to program
> >> - IDE not required
> >> - reasonable speed
> >> - math library needs to include number theoretic functions
> >> � like GCD, LCM, Modular Inverse, etc.
> >> - not fucking retarded like F#
>
> > Have you looked at Haskell?
>
> Given his comment about F#, I have a suspicion that he might be
> dogmatically opposed to functional languages generally.

Not dogmatically opposed, I installed it because
I actually wanted to try functional progrsmming.
My mistake was listening to that Harrop dude who
didn't bother to explain that F# is part of a
government program that provides jobs for retards.

To wit: F# has a rational data type, that's cool.
But wait, F# has TWO rational data types. Huh?
Well, after they made the first, some jackass
came up with a second type that stores data more
efficiently.

And, of course, the second type doesn't have the
same functionality as the first, so you need both.

And of the myriad data type converion methods, guess
which possible conversion methods are conspicuous
by their absense? That's right, type1 <==> type2
rational conversions don't exist.

At that point, I decided I wasn't going to put up
crap like that and threw it away.