turtle dump

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 09:43:20 EDT 2009

On Jul 16, 10:11 pm, superpollo <u... at example.net> wrote:
> actually i am still using 2.3.4, which means that...
>
> > screen = turtle.Screen()
>
> ... is not possible

Ah, sorry about that. My belief that turtle was a new module was based
on a line from http://us.pycon.org/media/2009/talkdata/PyCon2009/065/SevenWaysToUseTurtle-PyCon2007.pdf

   Since Python 2.6/3.0, Python has had a new turtle module.

At which point I stopped reading and missed the following line:

   Its development was based entirely on the previous one.

In my defence, I _had_ been drinking.

Thankfully Peter stepped up with a more appropriate solution, and
Michiel pointed out the more suitable API calls over dealing directly
with the underlying implementation :) Good work guys!